A few weeks back (sorry, been on vacation mode!), one of my favorite short story writers and video game journalists, Peter Tieryas Liu, nominated this humble blog before you for a “Versatile Blogger Award.” Part and parcel of the nomination/award is a bit of fun protocol: As a nominee I am in turn supposed to nominate other blogs and/or bloggers I find worthy of recognition. So, being my own prize selection committee, here are just a sampling of blogs I would recommend, in purely random order:
- Stephanie Barbé Hammer @ MAGICALLY REAL
- slices of bizarro pie (the Website of author Jeremy C. Shipp)
- Mary Volmer
- Slouching Towards Thatcham
- Roz Foster
- Howard Junker
- Rosebud Ben-Oni
- Salonniere Alexis
- The Whimsy of Creation: The Blog of Tieryas
I’m also supposed to share seven things about myself, so here they are in all their silly, random, but true glory:
- My first foray into publishing was at nine years old, when I tried to cobble together a Nintendo Power magazine knock-off (shelved–and rightly so–shortly after conception).
- eBooks made me realize just how much I hate physical books, i.e. having to angle them so and precariously hold up the free weights they can be when I’m reading lying down.
- I want to decorate my house with Yoshitaka Amano prints, install a giant koi pond in my bedroom, and get a live-in sushi chef.
- I would like Nobuo Uematsu to compose the soundtrack to my life, and for Kate Bush to sing the theme song.
- My bucket list consists of meeting Michelle Kwan, writing a Doctor Who episode, and penning a video game script.
- I know my way around time-sucking vortices. I’m your man should you need a cartographer of them.
- Heaven for me is being a swat-proof fly on the wall, while hell consists of having to go to casinos and clubs (even though I’ve got moves like Jagger).